Sunday, May 30, 2010

Started Suikoden

So I started Suikoden recently and I have to say it's a welcome change from Wild Arms. Random battles are quick, fun, and now have up to 6 party members. It's different from any RPG I've played before for a few reasons. One reason being that you can recruit up to 108 members in your Squad. You're character is the leader of a resistance Army and you have your own Castle where all your recruits live. Not all of them are used in battle however, some start item shops,Inn's, or  bath houses in the castle. It's pretty fun to start recruiting people and see your castle fill out.

This game also seems pretty story driven, which is a little different but still entirely enjoyable. Also, you know exactly where you're supposed to go! Being that you are a Commander of sorts, your next move obviously needs to be very clear cut. I'm about 5 hours in and have really only come across one legitimate "Boss Battle". I'm sure there's more and even a different large scale battle, but I haven't played any yet. More updates as they come.

Also I just wanted to share a little something about Digital Downloads. There's talk that in the future all games will be digital downloads and Companies will do away with tangible Discs. It seems good in theory and will save on costs, but I've run into two problems with that recently. One, it eliminates collectability. I've sure developers could care less about that, but there is something to seeing a big stack of games collected on your shelf. With DDs that will cease to exist. Also, if the game has any glitches you're screwed. It's not like you can clean the disc or blow in the cartridge. I recently bought the DD(Digital Download) or Resident Evil 3 and I got to this part where the game screen goes black and won't progress. Nice. I wasted $6 on a game I can't finish. I contacted Capcom and they said they're worked on the issue. What if this happens with new release games? I'm sitting here with a glitchy game and can't do a damn thing about it. I hope thats not what happens because me recent experience makes me think it's a bad idea. We'll see what the future of gaming holds in store. Thanks for reading, later gamers!

No comments:

Post a Comment